Live Rotifers - 8oz
- 100% Reef Safe
- Great food for fish, larvae and corals!
- Small size (150 – 360 microns)
- Target feed corals
- Rotifers contain 50% to 65% protein.
- Rich in (HUFAs) when fed a diet of marine phytoplankton
Shipping and Returns policy
Live Arrival Guarantee
The variety grown at Salty Underground is Brachionus plicatilis or the L-strain rotifer. They are a larger variety and ideal for both smaller mouthed larval fish such as clownfish fry as well as live corals and other reef tank inhabitants including anemones and sponges. Our rotifers are grown in 1.025 specific gravity salt water at 75°F and fed a complete diet of live nannochloropsis microalgae and Roti-RichTM liquid food that provides all of the necessary nutrients to keep your fish healthy and vibrant.
- 100% Reef Safe
- Rotifers are a beloved food of fish, larvae, and corals
- They are often the first food given to fish larvae due to their small size (150 – 360 microns)
- Corals especially enjoy rotifers due to their small size making them easier to digest.
- Rotifers can contain 50% to 65% protein.
- They are rich in highly-unsaturated fatty acids (HUFAs) when fed a diet of marine phytoplankton
- HUFAs are essential for the growth and healthy development of young marine fish and invertebrates.
To feed your rotifers, simply pour the bottle directly into the aquarium or use a 50 micron sieve to collect them and rinse into the aquarium with clean saltwater.
Feeding densities will be based on how many organisms you are trying to feed and the size of the tank. Start with smaller densities and increase the amount as needed.
Rotifers can be kept in the fridge for up to 14 days in an open container. Make sure to bring the rotifers to at least room temperature before feeding to prevent temperature shock.
They can also be used to start an at-home culture that will provide a fresh supply of rotifers when you need them
*Actual product may look different from photos.
You can read more about Rotifers here